Saturday, October 30, 2010

bloggers quilt festival

i havent seen the quilt festival before, but it looks great, so i couldnt help but link a pic of my fave quilt...the prizes are too good to pass up, and its great to see all the gorgeous quilts out there!

My fave quilt is this one, made for my new little boy. its made with linen and japanese fabrics, with my favourite scraps, and one-offs, plus lots of little bits and pieces from scrappy giveaways that i have won.

i really enjoyed this- it was intricate yet repetitive, almost like a good meditation. plus, the first time i was totally happy with my binding and corners, so Woo Hoo!


head over to the festival to be inspired : )

17 comments:

  1. This is really a cute quilt. I love all the different fabrics. Your little boy will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the color combinations and the pattern, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of solids and patterns. I love the polkadot binding too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your quilt!! I'm inspired to make something similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and fabrics used. Nice job!

    Happy Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt put a big smile on my face as soon as I saw the picture! Wonderful, wonderful quilt! I just love its totally fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, I really like this. The bindinng totally rocks! Such a happy quilt, those are my favorite kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is gorgeous! So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet quilt- it is a the perfect little boy quilt with all the delightful novelty fabrics. Too fun.
    Come see my 1890 antique schoolhouse quilt and
    black/white/pink scrappy miniature

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for a little boy. It is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful. i love that you used linen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Danielle this is so sweet. I love the fabric combinations. The simple quilting really lets the fabrics do the talking. I love to sew with linen.

    Great job. That's one lucky little munchkin you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Danielle, i really love the simple design of this quilt, it looks fantastic with all those yummy japanese fabrics, its a great little boy quilt - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet quilt! I love how the reds pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your win :-)
    Lovely quilt. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ knowing you stopped by...send me quick message and let me know what you think :)